Series 300L Service Entrance Power Transfer Switch ASCO®
Residential power outages can jeopardize homeowner personal safety and comfort, and also cause millions of dollars in damages to small businesses each year. Computers, communications, air conditioning, security systems, refrigerators and freezers, hot water heaters and sump pumps all depend on electrical power to operate. A generator is one piece of the solution. An ASCO Series 185 Power Transfer Switch is the other, the vital link that makes continuous power hassle free. ASCO Series 185 Power Transfer Switches provide all the intelligence your generator needs to make sure the power stays on when utility power fails. Sensing the loss of utility power and signaling the generator to start and restore power to your home or business – even if no one is home. When utility power has been restored, the Series 185 Power Transfer Switch automatically transfers your vital loads back to the utility and shuts the generator down.
- User-friendly control interface with easy to understand symbols and visual indicators to inform operator of transfer switch and power source status.
- Listed to UL 1008 for optional standby systems, handling total system load including motors and all other electrical loads.
- Meets Article 702, NFPA-70 National Electric Code (NEC) requirements.
- Nominal service voltage 240V 50/60Hz, single phase, 3 wire AC systems.
- Available in 100 through 400A ratings.
- True double-throw contacts with inherent mechanical interlocking to prevent connection of generator and utility sources.
- Terminals for convenient connection of neutral and ground conductors.
- Available in NEMA Type 1 Indoor (steel) and Type 3R Outdoor (aluminum) enclosures, with hinged door designs.
- Textured RAL 7035 light beige color aesthetically suitable for residential applications.
- Available in load-break manually operated version, up to 230A.
Additional Transfer Switches