Kohler® 48RCL Small Business & Residential Generator
Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 48 kW KOHLER® generator with industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and a corrosion-proof enclosure that’s built to last.
Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that’s similar to a normal conversation.
This generator’s patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
*Based on generator and load size.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 38RCL provides 158 amps on natural gas or LPG, while the 48RCL provides 200 amps on natural gas or LPG
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 38RCL at 95kVA at 240V and 48RCL at 113kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by General Motors Vortec automotive-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today’s sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 61 dBA at full speed and 55 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including simple terminal block for easy field connections
Rated kW LP
Rated kW NG
Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V
All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available.
5.0 L (305 cu. in.)
Sound Output During Weekly Exercise
Sound Output During Full-speed Operation
Premium five-year limited warranty
Country of Origin
Automatic Transfer Switch Included
Remote Monitoring Available
Off Grid / Utility Backup
Brushless, Rare-Earth, Permanent-Magnet
Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load?
Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load?
2280mm x 836mm x 1147mm (89.8 in. x 32.9 in. x 45.2 in.)
Industrial Powertrain Vortec 5.0L
60 Hz|50 Hz
Single Phase or 3 Phase
Voltage @ 60 Hz
Digital Voltage Regulation
Additional Residential Generators