Kohler® 14RESAL Small Business & Residential Generator
Popular generators for backup power, with an automatic transfer switch included. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 14 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.*
Every KOHLER® generator is equipped with a heavy-duty, commercial-grade engine that stands up to extreme weather.
In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air conditioner, major appliances and electronics.*
We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and a corrosion-proof enclosure that’s built to last.
KOHLER generators have received several awards, including the Most Valuable Product (MVP) Award 2010 by Building Products magazine.
*Based on generator and load size.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 14RESAL at 35kVA at 240V and 20RESAL at 40.5kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- Comes with either an RXT 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch with 16-circuit load center or RXT 200-amp outdoor-rated standard automatic transfer switch
- DC2 controller designed for today’s sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Stylish corrosion-proof enclosure impact tested to -30°F
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
Rated kW LP
Rated kW NG
Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V
All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available.
725 cm3 (44 cu. in.)
NG 20.5 HP, LP 23.6 HP
Sound Output During Weekly Exercise
Sound Output During Full-speed Operation
Premium five-year limited warranty
Country of Origin
Automatic Transfer Switch Included
Remote Monitoring Available
Off Grid Warranty
18-month/1000-hour for off-grid applications
Off Grid / Utility Backup
Off Grid|Utility Backup
2-Pole, Rotating Field
Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load?
Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load?
DC2 Digital Controller
1216mm x 655mm x 733mm (48 in. x 26.2 in. x 29 in.)
50 Hz|60 Hz
Voltage @ 60 Hz
Digital Voltage Regulation
Additional Residential Generators